Training / Certification
DOT Supervisor Training – 120 minutes required once per career. Please contact us to book this training and for details. 403 394 9075
Hearing Conservation and Noise Management – Please contact us for details. 403 394 9075
Respiratory Protection Management – Please contact us for details. 403 394 9075
Disability Management – Please contact us for details. 403 394 9075
Repetitive Strain Management – Please contact us for details. 403 394 9075
Noise Management and Hearing Conservation
Program Administrator Training
HealthyWorker™ also specializes in training your internal personnel to develop and implement a noise management program as required by the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety code. Your internal personnel will become a certified Noise Management Program Administrator after the completion of training. This will allow you to remain compliant and reduce costs related to external Administration.
Our training course for program administrators is consistent with the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code and includes:
1. Writing up a policy and procedure for a noise management program or hearing conservation program.
2. How to educate workers on the use of hearing protection and the hazards of noise exposures (including education materials).
3. Noise exposure measurement procedures, noise control methods and noise hazard sign postings
4. The selection, use and maintenance of hearing protection devices.
5. Requirement of audiometric testing, record keeping and how to conduct an annual review.
As per section 221 (2) of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code, employers must ensure their noise management program includes regular training and education. Training and education improves worker’ compliance and affirm an employers due diligence. Our training for workers includes:
The importance of wearing hearing protection devices
How and when to put on hearing protection devices
The use and maintenance of hearing protection devices
Familiarization with the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code, section 221(3) which states that “a worker who is subject to noise management must cooperate with the employer in implementing the policies and procedures”.